The 9th Edition of this work is a comprehensive, well-thought out collection of cases, commentary, digests, notes and questions dealing with the key areas of family law. It is intended as the fundamental text for introductory courses in family law, but, as with previous editions, it is also a useful initial research source for practitioners. This book provides up-to-date coverage of the main building blocks of every family law course, including the law of property for both married and unmarried cohabitants, spousal support, child support, custody and access, and domestic agreements. It has coverage of emerging aspects of family law as well, such as evolving concepts of parentage, judicial interviews in custody and access cases, the impact of domestic violence on family law outcomes, and statistical trends that affect major family law areas.
This new edition features updates to case law and commentary throughout the text, including comprehensive revision of the following chapters:
- Chapter 4 – Divorce – New cases include Cheng v. Liu (2017, ONCA) and Plech v. Barwicz (2016, ONSC)
- Chapter 5 – Family Property – New cases include Reiter v. Hollub (2017, ONCA) and Hunks v. Hunks (2017, ONCA)
- Chapter 7 – Spousal Support – New cases include Schulstad v. Schulstad (2017, ONCA) and Mason v. Mason (2016, ONCA)
- Chapter 8 – The Law of Parentage – New cases include P.P. v. D.D. (2017, ONCA) and M.M.R. v. J.M. (2017, ONSC)
- Chapter 10 – Child Support – New cases include G. v. G. (2017, ONCA) and L. v. M. (2016, ONCA)