The Bank Act. Explained.
Now updated yearly, The 2018 Annotated Bank Act with Associated Regulations is the latest innovation in banking law guidance. This text explains, in simple language, each section of the federal Bank Act and provides commentary on related regulations and case law. This is the only softcover text available on the market that comprehensively cross-references each section of the Bank Act to all current regulations, regulatory guidance from Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) and the Bank of Canada. The 2018 edition also references all voluntary commitments and codes of conduct issued by the Canadian Bankers Association (CBA) and relevant guidance from the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC), and includes a CD-ROM to enable searching and full-text access to case law, regulations, regulatory guidance and more. This is an essential resource to practitioners, academics and financial institutions alike, co-authored by a senior economic policy advisor from Finance Canada and a senior practitioner from Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP.
- CD-ROM to enable searching of terms, full-text access to case law, regulations, regulatory guidance and more
- Summary of the latest legislative and regulatory developments under a separate chapter entitled "Recent Developments"
- Overview of each part of the Bank Act under a separate chapter entitled "Key Elements of the Bank Act"
- Full-text of the Bank Act and all associated Regulations
- Comprehensive Table of Regulatory Guidance, cross-referencing all relevant sections of the Bank Act : includes all OSFI Guidelines, Advisories, Rulings, Letters, and Guidance Notes; FCAC Commissioners' Guidance and Bulletins; and CBA voluntary codes of conduct
- Comprehensive Table of Case Law, highlighting the latest cases for easy reference
- Comprehensive Table of Concordance and Index, updated yearly
The 2018 Annotated Bank Act with Associated Regulations is an essential everyday resource for anyone with an interest in the process for incorporating a bank, the rights of bank shareholders, the duties of bank directors and officers, the business of banking, consumer provisions, the ownership and investment rules, capital adequacy requirements, foreign banks or bank holding companies.