Get fast, easy access to comprehensive primary law and state of the art finding tools, such as The Canadian Encyclopedic Digest and The Canadian Abridgment, available only from Carswell. Experience KeyCite Canada, the industry's most powerful citator, with its unique flag and icon system allowing you to note up cases and legislation.
- Full Text Case Law: Decisions published in Carswell Law Reports; Reported court decisions from 1977; Reported tribunal decisions from 1997; Unreported court decisions from 1986; Supreme Court of Canada and Privy Council decisions from 1876; Federal Court decisions reported in the Federal Court Reports from 1971, Exchequer Court decisions through 1970 and Federal Trial Reports from 1977; Québec decisions of national importance as well as Québec Court of Appeal decisions from 1986
- EXCLUSIVE Case law finding tools such as The Canadian Abridgment Case Digest; KeyCite Canada, based on The Canadian Abridgment's suite of authoritative citator services: Canadian Case Citations, Canadian Statute Citations and Rules Judicially Considered
- EXCLUSIVE Carswell Law Reports: Coverage of all important judgments on an issue in 20 topical law reports, plus three regional/jurisdictional law reports and 18 historical law reports; contains articles, case comments and annotations
- Index to Canadian Legal Literature (ICLL): Canada’s foremost legal periodical index and only comprehensive legal bibliography
- Abridgment eDigests: Current awareness service delivered to WestlawNext® Canada subscribers weekly free of charge in an e-newsletter-like format
- Legislation: Full text of the following: complete, current consolidations of statutes from the Federal jurisdiction (both English and French), and all the common law provinces and territories; Québec Civil Code; Regulations in the areas of Criminal, Family, Insolvency and Securities law; the rules of practice of Canadian courts and a concordance to the rules
- EXCLUSIVE The Canadian Encyclopedic Digest: Canada's only succinct statements of law supported by statute and case law authority for more than 200 subject titles
- Law Reviews and Journals: Law reviews and journals from commercial sources and Canadian universities
- KeyCite Canada: fast and precise links to all related information for cases and statutes, including expert secondary sources, complete with KeyCite’s unique flag system that tells you the status of a case
- Variety of search methods, including: terms and connectors, natural language or templates customized by document type
- Search-within-a-search functionality enables you to locate information precisely every time
- All related information accessible with a click of a mouse from links in the left frame
- Scroll through all case digests on any legal issue in a single screen
- Link from case law to other Canadian or foreign cases; The Canadian Abridgment Case Digests, the CED, articles to case law and much more
For information regarding pricing for WestlawNext® Canada, please contact your Carswell representative or call 1-866-609-5811.