Reliable and comprehensive guidance through the intricacies of Ontario Landlord and Tenant Statutes
The 2018 Annotated Ontario Landlord and Tenant Statutes offers reliable and comprehensive guidance through the intricacies of the legislation and case law. Written and organized by an experienced practitioner, the 2018 edition is a single source reference for real estate practitioners and property managers across Ontario providing the latest developments in the legislation and case law impacting on residential and commercial tenancies. Features include:
Updates to the legislation featured in this edition include amendments made by the following:
- All Families are Equal Act (Parentage and Related Registrations Statute Law Amendment), 2016, S.O. 2016, c. 23
- Promoting Affordable Housing Act, 2016, S.O. 2016, c. 25
- Rental Fairness Act, 2017, S.O. 2017, c. 13
- Supporting Children, Youth and Families Act, 2017, S.O. 2017, c. 14
- Ontario Regulation 241/16
Recent and significant cases discussed in new annotations include:
- 77267 Ontario Ltd. v. Victoria Strong Manufacturing Corp. (2017, ONSC)
- Toronto Dominion Bank v. Hosein (2016, ONCA)
- Aghazarian v. Cena (2017, ONSC)
- Edwards v. Waham (2017, ONSC)
- Trust Construction Corporation v. McKie (2017, ONSC)
- 2295477 Ontario Inc. v. Cromwell (2017, ONSC)
- El Sayed v. City of Ottawa and OCHC (2017, ONSC)
- Williams v. The Corporation of the City of Toronto (2016, ONCA)
- Finally, the 2018 edition features the following new or revised rules, policy documents, guidelines and forms of Ontario’s Landlord and Tenant Board.
Thomson Reuters ProView®
The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet.
Visit store.thomsonreuters.ca/proview to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView eBooks.
* ProView options not applicable to bookstores, academic institutions, and students.